A Will is a legal document that lets you decide what happens to your property, money and possessions after your death. It is never too early to make plans to protect your loved ones in the event of your death or incapacity.
Our team of lawyers at our Burnley, Colne and Ramsbottom offices have many years of experience drafting Wills, combining in-depth knowledge with genuine care and attention.
They will provide you with expert advice enabling you to make informed decisions about how you would like your affairs to be dealt with after your death. Our lawyers will then draft your Will tailored to your specific requirements.
You may put off making a Will for a variety of reasons – because you think you’re too young to plan ahead or you assume that your money, property and possessions will automatically go to the right people.
Your loved ones might be left without a penny, a particular risk for cohabiting couples and those who have children from a previous relationship.
DRN Solicitors have offices in Burnley, Colne and Ramsbottom each offering competitive rates for writing Wills, which will depend upon the type of Will which is most suited to your needs. We will also keep your original Will in safe keeping for no additional charge.
Home visits can be arranged where necessary.
• If you are not married or in a civil partnership, your partner will not receive anything automatically
• Children you have from a previous relationship may not receive anything if you have re-married
• The individuals you wish to benefit may not do so
• You have no opportunity to appoint a guardian for your children
If you already have a Will, but would like to make some changes, we also offer a Will review service.
Even if you are making a small change, we suggest that you take the opportunity to have your Will fully reviewed by a member of our team.
Some examples of circumstantial changes could be:
• Change of financial position and/or personal assets
• Entering an unmarried partnership
• An unexpected windfall such as an inheritance or cash prize
• Health-related matters
• Adding or removing individuals to or from your will
DRN Solicitors is a member of the Law Society’s Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme. Membership of the scheme is only awarded to practices which can demonstrate the highest standards of technical expertise and client service. By choosing a firm with the WIQS quality mark, clients can be certain that they are receiving the best possible Wills and estate administration advice.