Actions Against Local Authorities

Get in touch

    GDPR/Marketing Opt in *

    View our privacy policy.



    Local Authorities have a duty of care to children or persons who have been in the care of the Local Authority.

    A claim for negligence can be actioned as a consequence of a Local Authority failing to adequately care for a young or vulnerable person; for example, in instances where the Authority has known about vulnerability issues and ignored concerns about the welfare of that person, resulting in the potential failure in the Authority’s duty of care.

    We aim to deal with any claim in a caring and sympathetic manner, with a Solicitor specialising in this area available to be contacted by email or via telephone for a confidential discussion about the claim and how it can be processed.

    Claims can be conducted in a variety of ways including on a “no win no fee” basis, and in some instances, claims for Criminal Injuries Compensation can also be processed.

    We will undertake an initial assessment of your case during a free half hour consultation and, if approved, the case will be conducted on a “no win no fee” basis.

    It is essential to seek advice from a Solicitor in relation to claims of this nature. There are procedures to follow and there are limitation periods to follow, both in respect of claims against Local Authorities and Criminal Injuries Compensation Claims dependent upon the age and when the acts or omissions took place.