Making a Medical Negligence Claim
If you’ve been injured or harmed as a result of negligent medical treatment provided by a healthcare professional, whether that be because of a misdiagnosis, or as a victim of incorrect treatment or errors in surgery, you could be entitled to receive compensation.
Medical negligence – what can I claim for?
Medical negligence can take many forms, and may involve errors made in the diagnosis or in the treatment stage when seeking help for a medical complaint.
Errors in diagnosis can include:
- Mistakes made when noting a patient’s history
- Failure to properly examine a patient, or failure to properly record their symptoms
- Failure to complete the appropriate investigations into a health complaint (including x-rays, scans and blood tests)
- Misinterpreting the results of a test
- Failure to admit patients when necessary (or sending a patient home prematurely)
Errors in treatment can include:
- Providing an incorrect treatment (usually associated with a misdiagnosis)
- Failure to note and act upon a patient’s condition when their health is deteriorating
- Failure to operate when necessary
- Errors or mistakes made during surgery
- Providing inadequate care, or treatment advice which is inappropriate for the patient’s circumstances, after surgery
- Patient neglect
Who can I claim against?
At DRN, our team of solicitors have decades of experience in pursuing claims for those who have suffered at the hands of:
- NHS staff
- Private practice staff
- GP practice staff
- Dental practice staff
- Pharmacy staff
- Other treatment providers, including physiotherapists and osteopaths
How much time do I have to make a claim?
In general terms, guidelines in England, Scotland and Wales suggest that you should seek to make a claim within three years of the date you first became aware that you had suffered a significant injury or illness due to the negligent actions of a medical professional. However, there are exceptions to this guideline.
If you’re unsure about whether or not you may be eligible to make a medical negligence claim, contact our offices today for further guidance, and a member of our team will be more than happy to assist you.
How can DRN help?
DRN Solicitors can help you to seek justice and financial recompense for any form of medical mistreatment, no matter how complex your case.
With an approachable team of legal experts, proficient in the practice of seeking justice for those who have suffered as a result of medical and clinical negligence, we’re here to help.
We handle every case with the utmost sensitivity and tailor our approach in accordance with the needs of each of our clients.
If you’re considering pursuing a medical negligence claim for injuries you have suffered at the hands of a medical professional, or on behalf of a loved one, contact our team today on 01282 433241 and allow us to help you take the first step.