How to Claim Compensation for a Bad Holiday

This entry was posted in News, For you and tagged , , , on by .

Can I claim compensation for a spoiled holiday?

We all look forward to a holiday, whether it be a summer escape, a weekend break to an unexplored city or a bout of winter sun. Many of us work hard to ensure that we can provide our family with an annual getaway; some of us are even lucky enough to travel abroad more than once a year.

Whatever your idea of a perfect holiday is, the break is something you’ll not only have worked hard to be able to afford, but it’s also something you’ll look forward to in the preceding months leading up to your trip.

Everyone deserves to enjoy their ideal getaway, which is why when things go wrong, you should know who you can turn to for legal advice and support.


Can I claim for being ill on holiday?

Holiday and travel claims cover all causes relating to accidents, injuries and illnesses suffered abroad. Whether you’ve been involved in a road traffic or sporting accident, been injured in public or private transport such as an airplane or cruise ship, or suffered an illness such as food poisoning, it’s likely that you will be entitled to make a claim.


At DRN, we provide expert legal advice and can help you to recover compensation for your accident, injury or illness suffered abroad, including:


  • Accidents suffered in transport (on airplanes, ferries, boats and trains, in cars or coaches)
  • Food poisoning
  • Accidents in and around the swimming pool
  • Sporting accidents, including winter sports
  • Accidents suffered in holiday accommodation


Our dedicated team of specialist solicitors are experienced in cross-border claims and overseas litigation, and will ensure that you receive an excellent level of service throughout the claims process.

Following a free initial assessment of your case, our team will analyse your circumstances and advise whether you have a claim and, if so, whether we can pursue your case under a ‘no win, no fee’ arrangement.

Our litigation team has gained many years of experience in dealing with all manner of claims, ranging from property damage and simple accident claims through to serious injury claims, and we have the capacity to represent individuals, families and groups of travellers.


You can find out more about our holiday claims service here.

Make an enquiry online or call us on 01282 433241 (Burnley) or 01282 864500 (Colne) for a discussion about how we can help with your travel claim.