DRN Signs Up to the Pendleside Hospice Corporate Challenge
The Pendleside Corporate Challenge has brought hundreds of local business together in competition since it began, all in the name of raising money for a very worthy cause.
From Friday 1st June to Sunday 30th September, each company involved in the challenge will take their initial £50 investment (donated by by Charter Walk) and multiply it in any way they can. Being a Corporate Challenge, businesses are encouraged to use their business brains to think of unique ways to increase their money and become overall champions.
Hundreds of thousands of pounds has been raised for Pendleside Hospice since the annual Corporate Challenge began, and DRN are looking forward to boosting the donations for 2018 with a range of unique money-raising ideas for the whole company to take part in.
As well as raising money for a deserving charity, the Corporate Challenge also sees local businesses getting involved with regular networking events organised by Pendleside Hospice. So far, the Corporate Challenge pizza and prosecco business lunch was a huge success and more events are planned for the coming months, including a golf day and team networking breakfasts hosted at various locations across Burnley and Pendle. Our team is already excited and enthusiastic to get involved with the huge range of activities on offer!
In 2017, a total of £97,000 was raised by all companies involved, this is a huge amount that can be used for so much good within Pendleside Hospice. This year, DRN are hoping to give them a run for their money, and our fundraising activities in 2018 will include:
- A raffle every month, with the grand prize of a whole extra day’s holiday!
- The Smarties Challenge – every office will fill as many Smarties tunes as they can with 20 pence pieces. One tube can hold £12 – so that’s a lot of potential fundraising.
- Every office will have a charity shop bundle challenge – every bag filled with clothes to be donated to Pendleside Hospice charity shops counts as £3.50 towards DRN’s final total.
- A chocolate bouquet raffle in each office. Because who doesn’t love chocolate?
- The cycle challenge – where the team put their fitness to the test to see how many miles they can do. The more they cycle, the more they raise for Pendleside!
Here’s to friendly competition and to raising money for worthy causes!
For more details on the amazing work Pendleside Hospice does within the local community, visit their website.