The conveyancing process for solicitors
When buying a house, clients often believe that the process is straightforward. I have previously been asked what do you actually do on a conveyance? Obviously each transaction can be different but in summary my role on a ‘straight forward’ conveyance purchase is:
1) Receive contract from the vendors sols
2) Check fittings and contents form and property information form as received from the sellers.
3) Check the title to the property
4) Request searches and check results
5) Check copies of any guarantees on the property, details of planning permissions and building regulation certificates.
6) Check the seller really is the owner of the property and prepare a Report on Title.Arrange to see clients and agree a completion date
7) Pay stamp duty tax on the property.
8) Arrange registration of title in your name
At DRN we have a strong conveyancing team and happily take instructions across the country. If you are buying or selling a house please feel free to telephone me on 01282 433241 for a free quote.